This post explains the side effects of Imbruvica and what to do when you experience some of this.
Imbruvica is a drug used alone or with other medications to treat adults with chronic lymphocytic leukaemia, small lymphocytic lymphoma, or Waldenstrom macroglobulinemia (a type of non-Hodgkin lymphoma). Imbruvica is also used alone to treat adults with mantle cell lymphoma or marginal zone lymphoma who have received at least one other treatment. Imbruvica is also undergoing a study in the treatment of different types of cancer. Imbruvica blocks a protein called Bruton’s tyrosine kinase (BTK), which may help keep cancer cells from growing. It is a type of tyrosine kinase inhibitor. Also called ibrutinib, Imbruvica is also used to treat specific issues that may occur or come about after a stem transplant, it works by weakening your body’s immune system.
Common side effects of Imbruvica
- An Infection
- Decreased Blood Platelets
- Low Levels Of A Type Of White Blood Cell Called Neutrophils
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is an infection of the lungs caused by fungi, bacteria, or viruses.
These are common imbruvica side effects but have a considerably mild impact on the patient.
- A Common Cold
- A Skin Rash
- Decreased Appetite
- Fluid Retention In The Legs, Feet, Arms Or Hands
- Intense Abdominal Pain
- Low Energy
- Pain In The Muscles Or Bones
- Trouble Breathing
Also read: Where to buy apidex online.
Rare side effects of Imbuvica
- A Significant Type Of Allergic Reaction Called Anaphylaxis: This is an allergic reaction to antigen to which the body has become hypertensive.
- A Skin Disorder With Blistering And Peeling Skin Called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
- A Type Of Allergic Reaction Called Angioedema: This is a rapid swelling in the layers of the skin.
- An Increase In Uric Acid Due To Cancer Chemotherapy
- An Inflammatory Condition Of Fat Under The Skin With Red Patches And Lumps Called Panniculitis
- Bleeding Within The Skull
- Cancer Of The Squamous Cells In The Skin
- Hardening Of The Liver
- Kidney Failure
- Liver Failure
- Lung Tissue Problem
- Pneumonia With A Fungus Called Pneumocystis jirovecii:
- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy, A Type Of Brain Infection
- Reactivation Of Hepatitis B Infection
- Subdural Intracranial Hemorrhage: This is when blood vessels burst out and affect the brain. This is actually rare, fewer than 100 thousand have this in a year.
- Ventricular Arrhythmias, A Type Of Abnormal Heart Rhythm
Less Severe conditions associated with Imbruvica Side Effects
If experienced, these tend to have a Less Severe expression.
- A Condition With Loosening Of The Nails From The Nailbed Called Onycholysis
- A Painful Condition That Affects The Nerves In The Legs And Arms Called Peripheral Neuropathy
- Basal Cell Carcinoma Of The Skin
- Hives: This is a common skin rash triggered by many things, including certain foods, medication and stress. It’s usually very easy to get this.
While Imbruvica may seem a very effective medication, patients are advised to watch out for any of these side effects and contact their doctor/pharmacist and report whatsoever symptoms they may be having immediately.